I get my holiday shopping on quite early and I've been pulling together ideas for friends (and myself.) I love giving and receiving small gifts of luxury like the spoons or dish tray. Plus, the mug, tray and cookbook are from Shopbop
and they're hosting a site-wide sale starting today (full price + sale) with 15 percent off purchases for $250+, 20 percent off for $500+ and 25 percent off for $1,000+ using code GOBIG15.
1. Hot Stuff Mug, $12
2. Dish Tray, $18
3. Mac + Cheese Cookbook, $18
4. Love Matchbox, $7
5. Marble Ring Dish, $7.99
6. Dauville Gold Spoons, $20
7. Olive and Lemonwood Candle, $10.49
8. Thermal Mug, $15
I headed over to River City MRKT
's holiday market last Friday to check out the local/Michigan-made products and ooh and ahh over the cozy space they thoughtfully laid out filled with ceramics, jewelry, photography prints and stationary. And so much more. When I walked in I was greeted with the smell of treats and greenery and enjoyed a cup of peppermint tea while I perused the goods. How delightful.
I picked up a couple illustrated prints to hang in my living room and plan on making return visits, especially with my co-workers. I've got my eye on the wooden poster rails and leather strap and one of Debbie Carlos' prints
. I love her photography, so check her out online or at the pop up. River City MRKT
holiday market is open now through Dec. 20, 12-7 p.m. every day. More photos on their Insta
Visit River City MRKT now through Dec. 20!
November 21, 2015 by Mary
Filed under Uncategorized
- Alexis Bittar – Take 20% off all earrings through 11.22. Use “EARPARTY” at checkout.
- Bauble Bar – Take advantage of 30% off holiday gift sets when you use “EARLYBIRD” through 11.24. Also, check out the Afterlight Collection (perfect jewelry for your holiday parties) for the same savings with same code.
- BCBG – New markdowns up to 50% off through 11.25.
- Ella Moss – Enjoy 30% off your full-price purchase with “CELEBRATE” until 11.25.
- Henri Bendel – 20% off $100, 25% off $200 or 30% off $300 when you purchase monogrammed handbags, jewelry and accessories through 11.26.
- Lulu Frost – Shop the sample sale for up to 70% off. Ends 11.23.
- Splendid – Save 30% sitewide (excludes sale) when you use “EARLY” through 11.25.
- Swell – Take 50% off fall apparel, shoes and accessories. Use “CRAZYFALL50” through 11.22.
- Yosi Samra – Pick up stylish and comfy flats! 30% off sitewide when you purchase 2 or more items through 11.23.
- Puma – 30% off select apparel through 11.24.
- Burke Decor
- Coyuchi – Sale on sale! Get an extra 20% off sale items and get free shipping on orders over $300. Use “CHILLY20” through 11.24.
- Shutterfly – Get 25% off your order when you use “CYBERDEAL” through 11.30.
- Tiny Prints – 40% off foil and glitter cards and 30% off everything else. Use “NOV22SW30” through 11.22.
- Bunnies By The Bay – Find the perfect baby gift with a new deal each day! Saturday’s offer: 50% off Knotty Pal Lovie ($only $11)!
- Crazy 8 – Get $5 tees, $8 microfleece, $10 jeans, $12 sleepwear through 11.25.
- Peek Kids – $10 off select pants, dresses and skirts.
- Puma – 30% off kid’s footwear and apparel plus free shipping. Ends 11.24.
- Julep – 25% off through 11.22. Use “TRYOUT25” at checkout to get some of the prettiest nail polish colors (and make-up) of the season.
As my skin slowly improves (thanks chemical peels and a different birth control), I've been venturing outside my normal make up routine to try new things. Essence
sent me this palette
(I picked it out) and love the rosy color of the blush. I do love me some blush and still use the holiday palette by.. for the most part, but love the compact that I can easily toss in my bag for work.
I haven't tried the brightening mask yet, but the hydrating mask by Nerd Skincare
is just what my skin needs, especially a couple days after a chemical peel. Want to win a package of masks (including six, almost a $200 value!)? Just comment with your email and for a second entry, share on Twitter
, and comment here again! Must be 18 and older and in the U.S. to enter!
Simple's oil balancing wipes
is my go-to cleansing wipes, especially post work-out. It doesn't bug my skin and I love the price. Between skin peels, I like to exfoliate my face with Dr. Brandt's PoreDermabrasion
. I love how smooth my skin feels after using it. Also, Aesop's hand lotion
is really the shit. I love the scent and how soft my calloused, man hands feel after. It really softens them.
I was on the hunt for a super vampy lip color and the man at Sephora suggested Bite lip crayon
in aubergine. I have Bite lipsticks in a few other colors and this was exactly the deep tone I was looking for. Goes on nice and is easy for someone like me, who has no patience to take my time and make it perfect--it makes it easy for ya. Milani's nude lip pencil in very natural and Essence's nude lip color
are also staples for me when I want some low maintenance color.
Again, don't forget to comment with your email to enter to win the Nerd Skincare masks!
November 18, 2015 by Mary
Filed under Uncategorized
We’ve always been fans of the timeless and artful Nambe collections of serveware, barware, and home décor. Their beautiful designs make fabulous gifts and they’re always our go-to for great wedding gifts at multiple price points. With the holiday season upon us, now is the time to take advantage of the Nambe Friends & Family Sale and enjoy 25% with “FRIENDS15” through 11.21.
Below are a few of our favorites…to give and to get.
Yaro Salad Bowl with servers $116.25 (orig. $155); Tilt Wine Coaster $37.50 (orig. $50); Bulbo Coffee Canister with Scoop $56.25 (orig. $75); Groove Ice Bucket with Tongs $75.00 (orig. $100).
Don’t miss the Christmas décor too– the pieces are so beautiful and really make a statement.
Star Tree Ornament $48.75 (orig. $65); Nativity Scene $150 (orig. $200) and Santa Ornament $22.50 (orig. $30).
I've been on an all black kick. This sweater is cozy and these jeans are my favorite, and together, it's a combo that I've been wearing on repeat the last couple weeks. Call it laziness, but the combo has worked for friend birthday dinners, work and couch surfing. Since I can't get enough black jeans, I'm thinking I might scoop up another pair of these from OU, at $58
, they're a steal and high waist like these.
Photos by Liz Westerhof
A couple weekends back, a couple friends and I headed out to Ann Arbor to indulge in some good food and shopping. It's such a great college town and even though I'm a Spartan, I can say that city of East Lansing isn't nearly as cool as Ann Arbor. I appreciate all the restaurants, shops and coffee places, especially Lab, a beautifully bright coffee shop with a bit of pretentious or Frita Batidos, a cuban inspired restaurant with an amazing chorizo burger and milkshakes with rum. I left that city bloated and content.
[sweater from H&M, jeans by J Brand
, boots by Nine West, hat by Lululemon, bag by Proenza Schouler]
November 15, 2015 by Mary
Filed under Uncategorized
We’re already gearing up for the whirlwind of sales that will be happening the week of Thanksgiving and beyond but we couldn’t help but notice some really good deals out there for kids and they’re actually happening now.
- Bunnies By The Bay – This is one of favorite brands for babies and the products make great gifts to new moms. Enjoy 50% off the new Peanut Collection (a new elephant character) through 11.17.
- Crazy 8 – Find great gifts at $6, $8, and $10 specials through 11.19!
- Hartstrings – Check out the Web Warehouse Sale with 80% off through 11.16. Hurry!
- Puma– Shop shoes and accessories on sale.
November 15, 2015 by
Filed under Uncategorized
It’s time to start planning for next Summer and another amazing Kenny Chesney concert! That’s right, Kenny will be descending on Ford Field, Saturday, August 13th, 2016! Along with Kenny will be our girl, Miranda Lambert, plus special guests Jake Owen and Old Dominion will also be performing! What a show!
Tickets for the Kenny Chesney SPREAD THE LOVE tour go on sale this week, 11/20/15 at 10:00 am EST! Click here to get your tickets!
You don’t want to miss a Kenny concert, they are so much fun! Here some snaps from this past Summer’s The Big Revival Tour. Buy your tickets to next summer’s show here at DetroitLions.com
I've tried so many new products over the course of two months. From serums to deep conditioning treatments, I have a few more products to add to my arsenal, which includes some tried and true products, drugstore buys and higher end products.
Fancy buy: Kevin Murphy's Blonde Angel Wash and Rinse combo
and the Hydrate Me Rinse
. I've been keeping my hair blonde, which means it's susceptible to brassiness. I hate brassiness and so the Blonde Angel wash is key, paired with the Hydrate Me rinse to moisturize my hair. I use it sparingly since it's a pricier product and I only want to use a blonde perfecting wash once a week.
Color protecting spray: Mastey's therapy spray
is a light product I'll use instead of a serum, my typical go-to product to help fight frizz, but days when I want really soft hair that I can pull up, braid, etc, I use less product and I spray this in my hands and then work into my ends. I never spray it into my hair as it won't get to exact areas I want it to be concentrated.
Deep conditioner: S Factor Serious Conditioner
is kind of my "treat yo self" moment. When my hair is feeling particularly dry and brittle..and my legs need to be shaved, I'll work this into my hair, especially the ends and let is soak in as I take my time cutting down the forest that is my leg hair.
Hair insurance: Olaplex
refers to the product as insurance for your hair and I'm just starting to realize the benefits of such a product. When you bleach the shit out of your hair like I do, you'll notice clumps of hair fall out and you're desperate for a solution (besides saying no to bleach). I haven't used this in conjunction to a color appointment, but have used it as a treatment before a blowout at the Bang Blowout bar in Grand Rapids. It had a little more strength and it's something I need to continue to use. In addition to his treatment and thick conditioners throughout the week, I add Living Proof's leave in conditioner. It's the only leave in conditioner that I actually like.
I have so many serums and for the most part, I can't find anything wrong or particularly great with any one product. The difference I can tell is how heavy it is. Moroccan oil is great for my hair when it's super dry, like post-blow out, but most of the time I prefer a little lighter weight serum. Currently using either Frizz Ease serum
, Ouidad shine glaze serum
or Cibu serum
What's your favorite product for dry, damaged and/or curly hair?
Next Page »